Special Education Department
Amie Talarico, Director of Special Education, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Carey, Certified School Psychologist, email@example.com
Brink Powell, Special Education Department Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org
Diane Kilmer, Medical Access Billing Secretary, email@example.com
Special Education Comprehensive Plan
Summary and Updates
The Special Education Comprehensive Plan is a subset of the Lackawanna Trail School District Comprehensive Plan. The current plan began on July 1, 2018, and was set to expire on June 30, 2021. The LTSD is in Cohort III for Special Education Planning. The Special Education Plan runs on a separate schedule than the larger district level plan. Due to the COVID 19 Pandemic, all districts in Cohort III will now submit their plan in Spring 2022, which puts us in line with the larger district timelines.
The Special Education Comprehensive Plan consists of the following:
- A description of how we identify students with special needs.
- A description of special education programs offered by the district, as well as programs and placements we utilize outside of our district.
- A description of practices used to ensure students receive their education in the Least Restrictive Environment.
- Explanations of how Positive School Wide Behavior and Multi-Tiered Systems of Support act as pre-referral systems and support students with and without disabilities.
- A description of the related services provided by the district.
- A description of professional development related to special education.
- A list of the strengths and highlights of our programming.
Right to Education Local Task Force 19
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.