The school counseling department at Lackawanna Trail Junior Senior High School consists of two counselors, a counseling secretary and a counseling aid. The counseling department services all students in grades 7-12. Lackawanna Trail High School has two full-time School Counselors, Brittany Butler and Tim Ronchi. The School Counselors are in charge of all academic, college and social/emotional aspects of student growth & support.
School Counseling Services
- Individual and small group counseling (short term interventions)
- Crisis intervention counseling
- Conflict resolution and peer facilitation
- Referrals to outside services (including mental and physical health)
- Student Advocacy
- Advocate for individual students
- Advocate for positive change in the school and in the district
The 2019-2020 Curriculum guides have been approved by the Lackawanna Trail School Board. Below are the links to each guide.
Mr. Ronchi, School Counselor (A-L)
Mrs. Christ, School Counseling Secretary
Mrs. Butler, School Counselor (M-Z)
Mrs. Gaggiano, School Counseling Aid
Please check out our Classroom Google Page
Our classroom google page will have information on college planning tips, scholarships, job opportunities, mental health resources, announcements, financial aid information, college visits, and much more!
Google Classroom Codes from Guidance:
- Parent Resource Page from The School Counseling Office: asy2ntr
- 7th Grade Classroom Google Code: yqeh37z
- 8th Grade Classroom Google Code: fq3equc
- 9th Grade Classroom Google Code: lt73lgn
- 10th Grade Classroom Google Code: 5gkuzzz
- 11th Grade Classroom Google Code: pjgtntl
- 12th Grade Classroom Google Code: sublhab
Healthcare Lecture Series
Lackawanna Trail School Counseling Mission Statement
The mission of the counselors of the LTSD is to provide high quality, comprehensive school counseling services to all students. School counselors are professional school advocates who provide support to maximize student potential and academic achievement as well as enhance their career, social, and personal strengths. In partnership with other educators, parents or guardians, and the community, school counselors facilitate the support system to ensure ALL students at Lackawanna Trail have access to and are prepared with the knowledge and skills to contribute at the highest level as productive members of society.
School Counseling Vision Statement
To provide data driven counseling services that support the continuous improvement efforts of our schools so that ALL students will succeed. Counselors develop and implement a comprehensive Developmental Guidance Program that:
Supports students’ accomplishments; Facilitates the efforts of students, parents/ guardian, school staff, community and business partners; Attends to the needs, interests, and challenges related to each stage of student development and education; Facilitates students’ transition through these diverse developmental and learning stages.