Winter Sports Schedules:
Thank you for considering being a volunteer in an Athletic program at Lackawanna Trail School District! All Athletic Volunteers must submit the following items prior to volunteering:
- Child Abuse Clearance: This clearance is free for volunteers, and can take about two weeks to receive in the mail, unless you log out, log back in and try printing it.
- Criminal History Background Clearance: This clearance is free for volunteers, and can be printed the day you complete it. Choose VOLUNTEER when asked for the reason for the clearance. Please follow the other directions above to print your certificate.
- Fingerprint Waiver: Individuals who have resided in Pennsylvania for the past 10 consecutive years may complete this disclosure statement, which must be signed, dated and witnessed (It does not need to be notarized). – OR – FBI Fingerprints: Individuals who have NOT resided in Pennsylvania for the past 10 consecutive years must complete fingerprinting. There is a minimal fee for this clearance. Click here for Instructions including the volunteer code to enter to make the fingerprint appointment. They will provide you with unofficial results and a UEID, please submit these to the district.
All three of the required clearances are valid for five years from the date they are taken.
Volunteers for Athletic programs must:
- Ensure all three clearances listed above are up to date and on file in the Administration Office.
- Every year, the volunteer must submit a District Volunteer Coaching Form to the school board for approval prior to the volunteer start date. This form must be signed by the head coach and the athletic director.