Thank you for considering employment within our district! All Lackawanna Trail School District employees must have the following clearances and certificates up-to-date and on file in the Administration Office. Please provide the district with clearances less than 1 year old to be considered for employment. Clearances then remain valid for five years from the date they are acquired.
- Instructions for obtaining Act 34 Pennsylvania Criminal History Clearance:
- The Pennsylvania State Police has established a web-based computer application called “Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History” or PATCH. Using this system, a requestor can apply for a criminal background check on an individual. Eighty percent of the time, “No Record” certificates are returned immediately through the Internet to the requestor.
- Go to “New Record” and follow the instructions.
- The reason for the clearance is EMPLOYMENT.
- VOLUNTEER clearances will not be accepted for employment purposes.
- When the Search Results Table appears, click on the Control Number. (Hint: Write down the Control Number for future access to your Official Clearance.)
- The Records Check Details page will open, but THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL CLEARANCE and it will not be accepted by the employer.
- To access your OFFICIAL CLEARANCE you will see a blue text “CERTIFICATION PAGE”. Click on the blue text to access your Act 34 Pennsylvania State Police Clearance.
- Print and save the official clearance for your records and submit a copy to the Administration office.
Click here for Instructions. School District Code: 1KG6XN must be used when scheduling the appointment. They will provide you with a UEID# as well as unofficial results. Please submit the UEID# to the district.
Employees must complete both Act 126 Part #1 and Act 126 Part # 2
Current employees may login to their Vector account to complete Act 126 trainings here: https://ltsd-pa.safeschools.com/login
Candidates for employment may access Act 126 trainings using the instructions below:
ACT 126 Training Course Certification #1 (University of Pitt) This free on-line course focuses on recognizing the signs of child abuse and the laws and provisions of reporting child abuse. It is a three hour course. Your progress can be saved as you work through it. A certificate will be printed at the completion of the course. You will be required to submit a copy of the certificate.
ACT 126 Training Course Certification #2 (PDE) This free on-line course focuses on the Educator Discipline Act, maintaining professional relationships and sexual misconduct. It is a three hour course. Your progress can be saved as you work through it. A certificate will be printed at the completion of the course. You will be required to submit a copy of the certificate.
Participants must have an SAS account from the Department of Education to register for this training. Anyone who does not have a SAS account must first register for one by visiting http://pdesas.org/. To register for the course, participants must log into the SAS PD center http://pdc.pdesas.org/ and then click on “Course Catalog/Registration” under the menu button in the upper right hand corner of the screen. The course is listed under the “Non-Facilitated” tab. When registering for the course, participants will choose a track specific to their role (i.e. teacher, chief school administrator or staff member).
Thank you for considering volunteering within our district! Whether you want to volunteer in the Elementary Center or you want to be a volunteer in an Athletic program, all volunteers must submit the following items prior to volunteering:
- Child Abuse Clearance: This clearance is free for volunteers, and can take about two weeks to receive in the mail, unless you log out, log back in and try printing it.
- Criminal History Background Clearance: This clearance is free for volunteers, and can be printed the day you complete it. Choose VOLUNTEER when asked for the reason for the clearance. Please follow the other directions above to print your certificate.
- Fingerprint Waiver: Individuals who have resided in Pennsylvania for the past 10 consecutive years may complete this disclosure statement, which must be signed, dated and witnessed (It does not need to be notarized). – OR – FBI Fingerprints: Individuals who have NOT resided in Pennsylvania for the past 10 consecutive years must complete fingerprinting. There is a minimal fee for this clearance. Click here for Instructions. School District Code: 1KG6XN must be used to schedule the fingerprint appointment. They will provide you with a UEID# as well as unofficial results. Please submit the UEID# to the district.
All three of the required clearances are valid for five years from the date they are taken.
Volunteers for Athletic programs must:
- Ensure all three clearances listed above are up to date and on file in the Administration Office.
- The volunteer must submit a District Volunteer Coaching Form to the school board for approval prior to the volunteer start date. This form must be signed by the head coach and the athletic director.
- Every year, the volunteer’s name must be submitted to the school board for approval prior to the beginning of the sport’s season.