Dear Lackawanna Trail Community,
What follows is the latest guidance we are using when responding to positive or presumed positive cases of COVID-19 impacting our school district, as well as our current travel policy. Complying with this guidance, is one of the many components that gives us the best chance of keeping school open and keeping everyone safe. Please review each carefully and feel free to contact us with any questions.
POSITIVE CASE SCENARIOS
IF YOU TEST POSITIVE AND DISPLAY SYMPTOMS:
- Stay home until 10 days after your first symptom appeared and one full day fever free without meds and symptoms have improved
IF YOU TEST POSITIVE WITHOUT SYMPTOMS:
- Stay home until 10 days after your positive test
CLOSE CONTACT SCENARIOS
IF YOU TEST NEGATIVE AFTER A KNOWN EXPOSURE (OUTSIDE THE HOME):
- Testing must be on or after day 5
- You can return on day 7 if a negative result is produced after day 5
IF YOU CHOOSE TO QUARANTINE WITHOUT TAKING A TEST:
DOH and CDC recommends quarantining for 10 full days after exposure.
CLOSE CONTACT/KNOWN EXPOSURE (INSIDE THE HOME):
- The quarantine for family members who cannot separate from the infected case in the home BEGINS after the case’s infectious period ends (return to school/work date).
- If the contact is symptom free, quarantine can be as short as 17 days
(with a negative test result) or 20 days (without a test).