Just Words supports struggling readers – those who have not mastered the foundational skills of language structure typically learned in grades K-3 – with strategies that will allow them to independently read and spell words and build the skills necessary to access and master grade–level standards.
Just Words addresses:
- Foundational and language standards that are absolutely necessary to be able to access grade-level text.
- Phoneme segmentation skills for up to six sounds in a syllable, with application for decoding and spelling.
- Study of the English sound system.
- Syllable structure including six basic syllable types in English and syllable division patterns used for decoding.
- Spelling with common Latin prefixes, roots, and suffixes.
- Processes for vocabulary study as well as the meaning of common Latin prefixes and roots.
- Decoding application with phrasing for meaning.
- Automatic reading and spelling of the first 300 most frequently used words from Dr. Edward Fry’s 1000 Instant Words as well as additional high frequency words.
“Just Words® | Wilson Language Training.” Wilsonlanguage.Com, 2019, www.wilsonlanguage.com/programs/just-words/. Accessed 31 July 2019.