On Monday November 3rd we will begin gradual and careful implementation of our Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program at Lackawanna Trail.† I am excited that we have come to the point when students will begin using their mobile devices during classroom instruction. I am confident that BYOD will give our students a competitive, academic edge.
I would like to thank the teachers, parents, students, and community members who have given their input on BYOD. As you know, district policy has been adopted as a result, student handbooks have been modified, and information has been shared throughout the process. We are ready to go!†
Here are a few areas which I want everyone to be aware of before we begin:
- Students must register their devices with the administration in order to use them in school (registration form will be available next week).
- Students may only use their devices when teacher/administrator directed, and for academics only.
- We will begin using devices in the classroom with the basics (looking up information), and expand to more complex lessons as teachers and students become comfortable with this new resource.
- Our BYOD program will supplement, not replace lessons.
- We will encounter problems, and we will work together to solve them.
- BYOD will look different at each grade level, and even within a grade level.
- I encourage everyone to review the policies related to BYOD, ask questions, share ideas, and help us make this a success for our students.
It is easy to create an account. Simply click on NEW USER ACCOUNT on your child's school's home page and follow the steps. You will need your child's five-digit identification number when creating your account. That number can be found on your child's schedule or by contacting the school office.
We encourage you to create an account in Fusion to receive reminders and updates. As with any web-based organization, you can choose to cancel your account at any time by contacting Mrs. Kelly Hopkins in the high school library at hopkinsk @ ltsd.org.
Our advertising fees for the 2014-15 school year will not change!† Please take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to advertise your business through our school while supporting Lackawanna Trail.† This year we are expanding our advertising campaign to our elementary gym/multi-purpose room.† For more information please contact the district office at 945-5184. Follow this link to our advertising application. A hard copy of this application is available at our district offices.
New rates are: †3x4-$250, 4x6-$300
Please call the superintendentís office for additional details at 570-945-5184.† Download the Advertising Application.
Daily activities are listed by 9 AM and postponements, cancellations, late starts or early dismissals will be announced promptly upon such a determination. Additional information concerning upcoming events, menus, calendars, and schedules are available on this website.
LTSD, Lackawanna, Trail, Junior, Senior, High, School